Tingira Boat Club Inc.
Stage 5 – Easing of Restrictions Plan
As of noon, July 3, 2020, the Queensland Government has eased the Corona Virus restrictions to Stage 3.
With all businesses allowed to open, this will allow Queensland to open up, so people can start to get back to normal; a new normal.
The most important thing that we must continue to observe is the Social Distancing rules: 1.5 meters between people and allowing, in most cases, 4 square meters per person.
So far Queensland has escaped a second wave of the Corona Virus because we have observed the restrictions laid down by our Government. If we continue to obey the rules, we will progress forward, and we will not finish up like Victoria.
We shall continue to operate in line with the Industry COVID Safe Plan for QUEENSLAND HOTELS, CLUBS, NIGHTCLUBS and ADULT ENTERTAINMENT https://www.covid19.qld.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0021/134751/covid-safe-industry-plan-hotels-clubs.pdf?nocache-v6
However, we still need to have our own Plan to cover our specific conditions and this is updated in the following information.
From Friday July 10 the following will apply:
- The main area and deck will be classed as one area rather than two as was required in Stage 2.
- Limitations of numbers: for areas less than 200 square meters, 2 square meters per person is allowed with a limit of 50 people. We can therefore seat up to 50 people on a Friday night.
- Members and their guests only.
- Bookings! Names on the white board. (Members and guests of members) No phone bookings except those not on Macleay Island.
- Seating as arranged. No extra chairs or tables to be added unless approved by the Commodore.
- Food will be served straight to tables.
- Dirty plates to be returned to the designated tables for collection by kitchen staff.
- Drinks may be purchased from the bar. You may eat and drink while standing.
- Follow the marks on the floor when in line to observe Social Distancing.
- Bar opening time 6.00 p.m. (Friday)
- Kitchen staff only in the kitchen.
- Follow marks on the floor while in line, when paying for your meal.
- Use credit/debit cards etc, instead of cash where possible.
- Names of those attending will have their names listed. As is customary, members in attendance, will have their addresses and mobile numbers readily available from Club register if required. Guests of members however will need to have listed their names, addresses/email address and telephone number.
- If you are ill, stay home, do not come to the Club.
- Download the COVID Safe App.
- Observe instructions from the Commodore and Management Committee members.
Courtesy Bus Ring Moss 0428 717 535
Observe Social Distancing Rules as instructed by the Driver.
Courtesy transport must be frequently cleaned and disinfected between uses.
Social distancing must be maintained as far as possible during use. A contact information list must be kept for members travelling on the bus for contact tracing purposes, including name, address, and telephone number for a period of at least 56 days.
Stage 3 has also opened sporting activities. From our perspective, we can open more of the boating side of our Club.
By aligning the Club with the Aquatic Sports Sector COVID Safe Plan we can extend our operations to Dragon Boats, x6 Outriggers (OC6) and Sailing Boats.
Dragon Boats: Back to 20 Paddlers.
OC6: Six Paddlers.
Sailing Craft: Vagabonds. Two people per craft placed to observe Social Distancing requirements.
- All personnel visiting the Club for any reason, regardless of if they are using the Clubs equipment or as a spectator must provide their name, address and mobile number which will kept at the Club for 56 days in case of a COVID-19 outbreak.
- A list of all paddlers in each boat to be kept for 56 days.
- Also, their destination and stopping points must be recorded.
- All shared equipment must be sanitised after each use.
- If you are ill, do not come to the Club.
- Observe Social Distancing at all times, 1.5meters.
- Download the COVID Safe App
- Provide sanitising stations
- Observe instructions from the Boating sub-committee and Management Committee members.
This plan may change from time to time as requirements are altered.
October 5, 2020